Open Flames & Candles Permit
This permit applies to the use of open flames of any kind or candles in connection with assembly areas, dining areas of restaurants or drinking establishments.
Before applying for this permit, please have the following materials ready:
- Prevention Plan Drawings (Site plan) including all building features associated with area of use
- Fire Activity Description including location of open flame or candles, size of dispenser, amount of fuel used, type of fuel used, storage location of fuel, and fire protection features present in area of use
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your fire operational permit online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
- Login here
After logging in, click "APPLY > FIRE PERMIT" in the top menu bar.
- First time user? You'll need to create an account.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer and complete the application.
- In your application you will have the capability to request an inspection date and time. Note that the Fire Department will contact you directly to confirm your inspection time.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.