Flame Effects Before a Live Audience Permit
This permit applies to performances in which fire is a part of the performance. This includes fire breathing, fire eating, application of fire to a person, use of tools on fire, and similar applications using the manipulation of fire.
Before applying for this permit, please have the following materials ready:
- Prevention Plan Drawings (Site plan) showing: performance area, crowd barrier, location of fuels, distance to structures, location of fire suppression materials and safety personnel
- Fire Activity Description including a detailed description of tools, performance script / schedule, number of performers, fire prevention measures, safety plan, performer qualifications and types of fuels to be used
- SDS for all fuels to be used
- Proof of blanket insurance policy or individual performer certificates of insurance
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your fire operational permit online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
- Login here
After logging in, click "APPLY > FIRE PERMIT" in the top menu bar.
- First time user? You'll need to create an account.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer and complete the application.
- In your application you will have the capability to request an inspection date and time. Note that the Fire Department will contact you directly to confirm your inspection time.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.