Fire Hydrant & Valves Permit
This permit applies to the use or operation of fire hydrants or valves intended for fire suppression purposes that are installed on water systems and accessible to a fire apparatus access road that is open to or generally used by the public. This does not apply to water companies or authorized fire department personnel.
Before applying for this permit, please have the following materials ready:
- Prevention Plan Drawings (Site plan) showing location of hydrants or valves, structures, site of use, and roads
- Fire Activity Description of use, hours of use, and type of attachment
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your fire operational permit online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
- Login here
After logging in, click "APPLY > FIRE PERMIT" in the top menu bar.
- First time user? You'll need to create an account.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer and complete the application.
- In your application you will have the capability to request an inspection date and time. Note that the Fire Department will contact you directly to confirm your inspection time.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.