This permit applies to burning associated with burning natural vegetation on your property and applies only for fence lines and irrigation ditches within the City Limits of Boise.
Burning hours are from 8:00am to sunset. Burning shall not take place on days when adverse weather conditions create a safety hazard. Open burning is prohibited when the AQI reaches 60 or higher for any pollutant. Prior to burning contact the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) at (208) 373-0313 for the recorded air quality index (AQI) message of the day. Visit the Department of Environmental Quality for daily controlled burning information.
Residents who live in the Whitney Fire District, please visit Ada County on their safe burning requirements.
For your application, please have the following materials ready:
- Prevention Plan Drawings (Site plan)
- Fire Activity Description including area to be burned and fire suppression precautions implemented
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your fire operational permit online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
- Login here
After logging in, click "APPLY > FIRE PERMIT" in the top menu bar.
- First time user? You'll need to create an account.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer and complete the application.
- In your application you will have the capability to request an inspection date and time. Note that the Fire Department will contact you directly to confirm your inspection time.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.