This permit applies to the manufacturing, storage, handling, sale or use of any quantity or explosives/explosive materials. This includes blasting, model rocketry, fireworks manufacturing, and small arms ammunition/components.
Before applying for this permit, please have the following materials ready:
- Prevention Plan Drawings (Site plan) with distances to structures, utilities, and roads.
- Blast plan detailing responsibilities, safety considerations, risk management, blast design, procedures, storage practices, qualifications, and record keeping.
- Certificate of Insurance naming the city of Boise or North Ada County Fire and Rescue as additional insured. Policy amount shall be a minimum of $100,000 but may be increased by the Fire Code Official based on hazard analysis.
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your fire operational permit online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
- Login here
After logging in, click "APPLY > FIRE PERMIT" in the top menu bar.
- First time user? You'll need to create an account.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer and complete the application.
- In your application you will have the capability to request an inspection date and time. Note that the Fire Department will contact you directly to confirm your inspection time.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.