Dry Cleaning Plants Permit
This permit applies to engaging in the business of dry cleaning or to change to a more hazardous cleaning solvent used in existing dry cleaning equipment.
Before applying for this permit, please have the following materials ready:
- Fire Prevention Plan (Site plan) including building floor plan with proposed area of operation including all storage and process areas.
- Fire Activity Description stating nature of business, types of operations/processes, systems in use, number of control areas, quantities per control area, types of storage present, and fire protection systems provided.
- Hazardous Material Inventory Statement (HMIS) completed on Boise Fire HMIS Spreadsheet.
- MSDS sheets for all chemicals listed on HMIS.
- Hazardous Material Management Plan.
- Emergency Management Plan.
- Operation procedures and procedures for emergency shut down.
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your fire operational permit online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
- Login here
After logging in, click "APPLY > FIRE PERMIT" in the top menu bar.
- First time user? You'll need to create an account.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer and complete the application.
- In your application you will have the capability to request an inspection date and time. Note that the Fire Department will contact you directly to confirm your inspection time.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.