Wood Products Permit
This permit is required to store chips, hogged material, lumber or plywood in excess of 200 cubic feet.
Before applying for this permit, please have the following materials ready:
- Fire Prevention Plan Drawings (Site plan) showing proposed area of operation including building floorplan.
- Fire Activity Description stating nature of operations, type of materials used/stored, quantity of materials, storage configurations, and fire protection devices provided.
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your fire operational permit online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
- Login here
After logging in, click "APPLY > FIRE PERMIT" in the top menu bar.
- First time user? You'll need to create an account.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer and complete the application.
- In your application you will have the capability to request an inspection date and time. Note that the Fire Department will contact you directly to confirm your inspection time.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.