Private Fire Hydrant Permit
This permit applies to the removal from service, use and operation of private fire hydrants by other than trained maintenance personnel, private fire brigades, or fire departments.
Before applying for this permit, please have the following materials ready:
- Prevention Plan Drawings (Site plan) showing proposed area of operation.
- Statement of Operation describing nature of proposed operation.
The City of Boise has recently launched a new online licensing system that allows you to apply for your fire operational permit online. First time users of this system will be required to set up an account.
- Login here
After logging in, click "APPLY > FIRE PERMIT" in the top menu bar.
- First time user? You'll need to create an account.
- Review and accept the online disclaimer and complete the application.
- In your application you will have the capability to request an inspection date and time. Note that the Fire Department will contact you directly to confirm your inspection time.
For questions or additional information on the new system, please visit the Permitting & Licensing FAQ's.