Boise Fire Department
News Release

Dennis Doan
Boise Fire Chief

Contact: Char Jackson
(208) 570-6548

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Cause of Knitting Factory Fire was Accidental

Investigators have determined that the fire at the Knitting Factory was accidentally caused by a contractor working on the HVAC system. The contractor was using a cutter to cut the metal duct work inside, causing a spark that ignited combustible materials inside that ducting. The fire escaped the duct, burning the wood floor joist on the second floor and into the wall.

The fire started just after 5 p.m. on September 11. Approximately 60% of the interior of the Knitting Factory is damaged by fire, smoke or water. The businesses north of the Knitting Factory have power restored.