Application and Exam Registration
Exam payment, online applications and exam registration for Boise City 2018 Entry Level Firefighter are currently open. To be considered, applications and a $25.00 payment for the written examination must be received by 5:00 p.m. MST March 2, 2018. We will not be testing for Firefighter/Paramedics in 2018.
The written examination will be held at the Boise Centre on Friday April 6, 2018 and Saturday April 7, 2018. Once your application has been reviewed and your payment has been verified, you will receive an email notification letting you know that you can self-schedule for the written exam. Exams must be scheduled by 5:00 p.m. MST Friday, March 30, 2018.
To be considered for the 2018 Entry Level Firefighter recruitment you must:
- Pay for the written exam by Friday March 2, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. MST.
- Apply to the Bosie Fire Department by Friday March 2, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. MST.
- Schedule a written exam date by Friday March 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. MST.
If you fail to meet any of these deadlines, you will not be considered as an applicant for the 2018 Entry Level Firefighter recruitment.
STEP 1: PAY FOR WRITTEN EXAM
The cost for the 2018 Entry Level Firefighter recruitment is $25.00 and non-refundable.
- Access the PayPal form by clicking this link.
- Select that you are registering for the Firefighter written exam.
- Enter the name of the person taking the exam so City of Boise HR knows whose exam has been paid for.
- Enter the email of the person taking the exam. (This will be cross-checked with the application).
- Continue through PayPal's payment system to confirm your payment.
- Keep your Transaction ID number. Applications cannot be submitted without providing the Transaction ID number. If you forget to write it down at the time of payment, it will be included in the receipt emailed to the email address on the PayPal account.
- Payment for this exam is NON-REFUNDABLE. If you pay for the exam and do not show, you will not receive a refund.
STEP 2: APPLY TO THE BOISE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Create an account using our online application system:
- If you already have an account, you can also use the above link to sign in.
- Need help? View the application guide or contact Government Jobs at (855) 524-5627.
To sumit an application, please access the application link.
Don't forget attachments! All candidates are required to attach the following to their application:
- Certifications, if applicable
- If you wish to request Veteran's Preference, you must attach your DD214 and if applicable, proof of disability letter.
STEP 3: SCHEDULE WRITTEN EXAM DATE AND TIME
Once City of Boise HR has reviewed your application and verified payment, you will receive an email notification to self-schedule for a written exam through your application account. Please be aware this process can take up to a week. It is important that you check your account regularly to receive notifications regarding your application.
Entry Level Written Exams will be held at the Boise Centre (850 West Front Street, Boise, ID 83702) for the following dates:
Friday April 6, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
Friday April 6, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
Saturday April 7, 2018 at 8:00 a.m.
Saturday April 7, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
PLEASE PLAN FOR TRAVEL TIME AS PARKING MAY BE LIMITED.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, disabled applicants who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the written exam shall submit a written request for an accommodation to Rudy Gloria at RGloria@cityofboise.org by March 5, 2018. Requests for a reasonable accommodation must be clearly defined. Applicants must attach documentation to the written request from a medical provider or accredited counseling agency stating the disability and functional limitations. In accordance with the law, the City will review all requests and will provide reasonable accommodations.
Important! If you are offered a position with the Boise Fire Department and choose to decline that offer, you will be removed form the eligibility list, and consequently will need to reapply in 2019.