Ride Along Program
Ride-Along Program - If you are interested in accompanying Boise Fire Department personnel on a ride-along, you must:
- Be at least 14 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must consent to and sign the Ride-Along Application.
- Download, complete and submit a Ride-Along Application. The application may also be picked up and dropped off at the Fire Administration Office at 333 N Mark Stall Place, Boise. The office is open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please submit a photocopy of your valid ID with your application. The completed application must be received at least three weeks in advance of the date requested. Upon authorization of your request, you will be contacted to schedule your ride-along. The department will notify you of any disqualification.
Instructions for a ride-along:
- Riders are to wear pants, closed-toe shoes, socks and collared shirts (without logos), excluding shirts of navy color or any type of uniform. Riders may also wear coats or gloves consistent with weather conditions.
- Riders shall maintain appropriate hygiene and shall not use excessively odorous perfumes or colognes.
- Riders are responsible for providing their own meals, drinks, and/or snacks.
- Riders shall not carry any weapons or cameras (excluding cell phones).
- Riders shall abide by all requirements and/or orders communicated.
- The use of tobacco is prohibited.
Once scheduled, if a cancellation is required, please provide 24 hours’ notice to Boise Fire Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (208) 570-6500. If you have questions regarding the ride-along program, please contact the Boise Fire Administration front desk. Please submit your ride-along application and photocopy of your ID/Driver’s License to: email@example.com
Or mail to: Boise Fire Department, Attn: Fire Reception, 333 N Mark Stall Pl. Boise, ID 83704