Project Information & Updates
Project Description and Schedule
- Fire Station #4 Opened June 2017
- Fire Station #8 Opened May 2017
- Fire Station #9 Completion in 2019
- Fire Station #5: Completion in 2020
- Fire Training Facility: Opened June 2018
Stations Committee Members: Division Chief Lance Carbone, Battalion Chief Aaron Hummel (St. 4), Rob Bousfield (Public Works Asst. City Engineer), Capt. Tim Rosen (St. 4), Capt. Chris Campbell (St. 5), Capt. Rob Spencer (St. 8), and Capt. Randy Christiensen (St. 9).
A five-story training tower with propane props makes-up the following environments creating various training scenarios:
- First floor: Hotel lobby, warehouse space, retail space
- Second floor: Mall/Retail shops
- Third floor: Private offices and cubicles
- Fourth floor: Hotel rooms with balconies
- Fifth floor: Suite/apartment layout
This building serves as a training platform for the tech rescue team as well. The administrative building houses two classrooms and office space for training captains. The Training and Safety building consists of classroom space to support the Recruit Academy, and act as storage for all training engines, equipment and materials used daily.
Phase one: $11.5 million. The facility is on 17 acres near the City of Boise Watershed facility off Chinden Boulevard and Joplin Road.
Training Facility Committee Members: Division Chief Bob Kielty, Rob Bousfield (Public Works Asst. City Engineer), Battalion Chief Steve Rasulo, Capt. Kyle Rajsich, Capt. Mike Walker, Capt. Rich Kuehn, Capt. Marcus Rainey, Capt. Jeremy Kircher, Capt. James McCullough, Senior Firefighter Phil Desilet.
Training Facility Presentation/Renderings Sept 2016
Fire Training Facility Master Plans
City Council Presentation February 18, 2016
Direct any questions to Craig Johnson, Project Coordinator, at 208-384-3945.