1965 - Boise
Fire Department takes over Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting
service from the Boise Air Terminal Fire Department at Gowen Field.
The house is numbered #7 and five firefighters per shift are
assigned to operate the airport apparatus.
August 1966 -
The new Firehouse #7 is built on Rickenbacker Street on the Gowen
Field Airport grounds.
1974 - The
first lime green fire apparatus, a Walters Fast Response truck,
arrives at Firehouse #7. A two-bay addition is made to the
Firehouse #7 is relocated to 2855 Lockheed Lane on the Airport
grounds. The station houses a three unit ARFF company and
Quint Engine company with six personnel per shift.
September 1998 -
Boise Air Terminal management contracts ARFF services to the Idaho
Air National Guard Fire Department. Nine ARFF firefighters
are re-assigned to other stations.
February 2002 -
The ARFF Smokey units are re-organized and back in service with
three personnel staffing two crash trucks and a command
2003 - Firehouse
#7 is re-located to 1666 Commerce Street outside of the Airport
grounds. The Airport firehouse remains open with the ARFF
units and three personnel but renamed the ARFF station with no
2009 - ARFF
Firehouse is designated as Firehouse #19 and receives a 2009
Striker aircraft rescue vehicle.